Love Letter to the Cloisters

Dearest C–

Oh, how I have longed for your sweet embrace! That stony façade, concealing your sweet, pure heart–could anything be more beautiful? It has been such a long summer without you; though it could hardly feel like summer without a dip into your fountain of knowledge. I have also missed your enticing curves, the way you fill this campus with laughter and song, and your remarkable ability to wear anything and still look lovely, no matter the weather. Oh, joyous day when I did see you again! I had been putting it off, wanting the timing to be perfect, nervous that the time apart over the summer might have changed my feelings of the sweet nature of our relationship. But all of my doubts were unfounded! What glorious luck!

Our reunion was pure accident–just serendipity, exactly as we first met–a result of another’s forgetfulness. Who could have guessed that my professor would forget her notes that blessed Wednesday, or that we’d have our petite class meet outside to relish in the sunshine! I opened that heavy wooden door, as I have done so many times before, and there you were, waiting for me! Oh, heavenly sight! Oh, joyous encounter! You remain as magical as I’ve ever seen you!

Do you remember that first meeting, so long ago? A chance encounter, an unexpected detour on my way home from New York. I think I knew from the moment I set foot on campus that I was drawn to this place, and when I saw you, I knew that it was because I had come home. You have welcomed me home so many other times since that fateful day, only a few short years ago. With sun, stars, snow, singing, you never fail to reveal another side of yourself. I may be naught but a tiny inkblot on a page in the grand novel of your life, but you are the lantern to my candle–you help me shine. You encourage me to run faster, sing louder, build a better nude snowman, speak up, dance like I’ve never been embarrassed, love more deeply, and just be the best version of myself that I can be. You allow me to show off the best of each of my many sides. Whenever I need something the rest of the world just can’t provide, I know I can fall, wordlessly, into your soothing embrace.

Yours, always and forever,

Maeve

2 thoughts on “Love Letter to the Cloisters

1. whoah this blog is great i really like reading your posts.
    Stay up the good work! You recognize, a lot of people are looking around for this info,
    you could help them greatly.